Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hospital visit... whoops

Hello friends and family!
 
 
I don't have much time, but I figured I should give you all an update since Hermana Klein sent you a lovely picture of me... in a hospital gown... laying in a hospital bed... with an IV..... whooooops! Who would've thought that I would have ended up there?? I never did. I'm supposed to be the one HELPING the ones that are there.... haha.
 
Long story short, my companion has been really sick lately, with a lot of pain. We've been to several doctor's and had several tests and no one could seem to figure out exactly what was going on with her. On friday night, her pain was really bad. She was doubled over and couldn't walk straight. I also was still sick from whatever it was that we ate on Monday and was a little weak and had a bad headache. In the end, president told us that we needed to go to the hospital for Hermana Aparicio, because he was worried that we shouldn't wait until the morning if it was something serious. So the sister training leaders came with a member and drove us to the hospital. When we got there and they took Hermana Aparicio back to do a consult, I went with her to explain everything that was going on to the doctors. After a while he asked me if I was okay, because apparently I didn't look so good... haha I didn't want to get checked but he made me anyways and I ended up getting checked in myself. Turns out that the food poisoning or whatever I had made it so that I was super dehydrated, and they made me stay 2 nights until it all got under control. It wasn't serious, but I definitely felt much better after some hydration and some antibiotics!!
 
 
 
Hermana Aparicio ended up having to get her appendix taken out! She had none of the classic symptoms but after lots of different opinions they decided that it was best. So when they checked me out of one hospital I went to stay the night at another to be with her. Then the next day we came to stay at President's house for her to recover. Can I just say how completely spoiled I feel? On Sunday, I was able to eat dinner with president and his wife, play a game of qwirkle (which I ended up winning after a very tight game....!) and watching a disney movie with Hermana Aparicio before we went to bed. I don't feel like I'm in Honduras.... As wonderful and as great as it's been to spend this time with them and to be here in President's house, it's time to get back to work. Our area needs missionaries and it's time to get the work going again!! I hope it won't be too hard to get back into the swing of things. It might be like getting back into the game after sitting on the bench a little too long, with wobbly knees. But in the other sense it will be like having fresh legs :)
 
I love you lots, and I hope you all have a great week!
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment