Monday, December 8, 2014

Mission Tour!

Hola familia y amigos! 

This week was pretty crazy.... And mostly exhausting. But it was a good one. Me and my companion had to do lots of traveling to finish the divisions that we had left, which meant going from one end of the misson to the other! How many people can say that they got to know their ENTIRE mission... haha it was great. We had a pretty crazy experience on our way to Trujillo. Last week there was a crazy storm on the coastline and a bridge gave way. In my mission their is only one highway that passes through all cities, which meant a halt in all transportation in between ceiba and Olanchito/Trujillo. By the time we wanted to travel, everyone was saying that it was fine, we just had to get out and walk across and take another bus on the other side. ten minutes tops.... WRONG!!! We had to walk a good hour and a half and the wheel of my suitcase broke five minutes in (these roads aren't necesarily smooth....) Not to mention it was the one day the sun decided to come through... haha It was like the movies when there is a natural disaster and all the cars are piled up on each other and people walking in between them with their suitcases. Utter chaos... but it made for quite the memory. I never thought I would ever experience anything like it! Especially being in the middle of a third world country that isn't necessarily the safest, with two foreigners in their skirts and suitcases....haha  but God sent us angels to watch over us.... a man from the bus we were on walked behind us the whole time to keep us safe and to watch out for creepers. There was also another young man that offered to carry my suitcase without charging me because he could see I was struggling. I am thankful for earthly angels :) God definitely watches over his missionaries.

We had some good experiences in the divisions. I love getting to know all of the sisters. I was reunited with Hermana Despain for a day! It was super fun. We contacted all day long and found so many prepared people! It was fun to see the progress that we have had in our teaching from the MTC until now :) Talking with as many people as possible is so important. Even though we got rejected a lot, it also meant finding more people! There was one lady who was all excited about hearing a message about Christ and asked us what church we were from. We said the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and she said oh okay. That's not the Mormons right? And we explained that it was the same and she said.... "Oh.... we don't associate with Mormons... Kids!!! Everyone inside!!!" She gathered all her kids and even her dog and then slammed the door with us standing there awkwardly.... uh.... it turned out to be good though because a young man came out a little later as we were passing and we asked him why they didn't receive us. Then he said that he was just a neighbor but that he had some family that were members and accepted that we could stop by and teach him! And he even gave us a pastelito :) haha It was inspired. And hopefully one day she can know it's true too. Traveling was fun, but it was much better to be back working in our own area. I love this place. Sadly I have transfers so I only got to enjoy it for 2 weeks... but it was two incredible weeks and I learned so much in such a short time! Hermana Alfaro and I get along super well, also :)

I will have to let you know where I will be spending Christmas! And my last transfer of the mission.... holy cow... I don't like thinking about it. So I won't! I hope you all have a great week!

Until Next Week,
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment