Monday, March 17, 2014

Goodbye to La Paz, Hello to Mezapa!!!

March 4, 2014





Hello family and friends! 
I´m currently writing you from my brand spanking new area, in Mezapa :) It`s about 1 1/2 hours away from where I currently was. I`ve gone from super big ward to little branch, from church in a chapel to church in a house, from baptizmal font to river... I`m actually super excited to get going and for the new experiences that I will have here! 


It was super hard to leave my area and for the people that have become my family in this past six months, but the beautiful thing about this gospel is the way it knits together hearts, that this really isn`t goodbye but see you soon :) 
I had a friend 
once say that when we are walking with Christ, in a way we are walking together! I love to think of that. I was able to have some really incredible experiences this past week, more as I reflected on the miracles that I have seen and the lives I have seen change. Alma 26:16 pretty much sums up my feelings :) 

16 Therefore, let us glory yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.














Hermana Rioja and Bennett

I had a great time with Hermana Rioja this passed month! Our experiences included making homemade tortillas and ceviche, collecting tamarindas and eating them straight from the shell, interesting haricuts, running to catch the bus, running to pick up our clothes, running to buy more lemons, and then running for the bus... again... defending the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, preachers from other religions, going back to investigators houses to get the umbrella that we always seemed to forget, baptisms, confirmations, miracles, planning sessions that lasted for an hour because we would get so excited talking about our investigators, spiritual experiences, and lots of lessons learned. With Hermana Rioja I learned that I`m not a perfect missionary, but that continuing to look back on what I lack won`t do me any good! Instead I should do something about it, and make an effort to change, and be grateful that I can change! I need to remember that today is a new day, I need to look forward at who I can become and not let who I`ve been continue to hold me back. 

More Goodbyes










This week I heard a song that I loved called Right Now. It talks about not letting experiences pass you by but to open your mouth and let your story unfold. It talks about silence being a word, waiting to be heard. I also read a talk by Elder Perry in the Liahona this month that talked about how we are writing our book of life and should feel it with "i`m glad I did" moments instead of "I wish I had," moments. It really helped me to change the outlook that I`ve had on myself. Instead of always focusing on the negative, what I should have done, I look at how far I`ve come and the blessing I have to continue to strive to be better each day. Leaving an area made me really reflect, did I do my part? As I visited some of our investigators, recent converts, less active members, and other members I was filled with a lot of peace.  If I started to try to name them all this email would just never end.... haha I´m so grateful for the chance I had to serve in La Paz 2!!

One chapter ending and on to another beginning :) My new companion is Hermana Maldonado from Guatemala and I`m excited to see how things go! I`ll have a lot more to share on Monday.

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers, your support and your love. It is definitely felt. I think about you often and you are always in my prayers!!

Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment