Monday, March 31, 2014

Watching waves and Climbing Mountains!

Hello friends and family! 



Another week come and gone her in Honduras. This week was full of lots of great experiences! The Mission Doctor Elder Cragun and his wife came to visit our mission so my companion and I got to do a little traveling! We went to all of the meetings with the missionary's and then acted as secretary while the missionaries got a chance to talk with him personally if they had any health concerns. 




On Wednesday night we traveled to La Ceiba in un bus and President Klein and his wife invited us to come to dinner with them. It was an amazing opportunity to get to spend some extra time with them! I feel super spoiled sometimes, but one of my favorite things about my specific calling is how much I've been able to get to know Hermana Klein and President Klein. They have been a huge support to me and I couldn't be more grateful! Their hotel was right on the beach, so while we were waiting for our food we walked out to the waves and got to stand and watch and listen and look at the stars. Mmmmm it was so peaceful. It was my first time seeing the beach here in Honduras! It was nice to take a step back, just be still, and soak it all in. Sometimes I forget just how incredible of an opportunity Heavenly Father has blessed me with to be here!














This week a family of the other hermana's got married and then the family was baptized the next day! We got to go to the wedding and it was so incredible :) They were so happy! And here in Mezapa they have the baptisms in the river here and it is so beautiful. If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure the waters of Mormon were right here in Mezapa!!! 




Things have been going really well with the work here in Mezapa. Lately we've found some amazing people that are really interested in the gospel. We have been teaching a family of 14 recently, and I have such high hopes for them! One of their daughters is really interested and reading the Book of Mormon and is setting the example for the others. We are really working on helping the Dad to come to have a testimony of this gospel because we know that he will be a huge influence on the progression of his family. At church yesterday, 3 of the kids showed up without us even knowing they were going to come! It really is amazing how quickly the love you can feel for these families, even when we've only known them for such a short time. When I'm feeling a little sad or frustrated, I just think about the incredible opportunity it is to get to meet these people and see how the gospel can bring them happiness and peace. It makes everything else vale la pena (worth it).

Today my district hiked a mountain here in Mezapa!!!





Yes.... I was in my element :) We got up early and hiked up to a tower. It was a super steep climb and took us about an hour to get to the top, but I loved every single minute of it! Hiking is definitely something I've missed and it was a great way to unwind and get some exercise in. And the view was super pretty. I took lots of pictures, but they don't really do it justice!











I love you all and hope that you are having an amazing week!!! So excited for Conference this weekend!!!!! Until next week :)

Hermana Bennett



No comments:

Post a Comment