Monday, September 8, 2014

Road to Recovery


Welcome Home Hermana Bennett!

Hello Family and friends! 

Just wanted to start off thanking you all for your prayers and your support. Thank goodness I am better now for the most part. Me and Hermana S were able to start working again on Friday and it was nice to get out into the fresh air and stretch my legs again. I was in the hospital for 2 nights just for observation and fluids. I couldn't keep anything down and I had zero appetite. I'm pretty sure I've lost about 15 pounds from not eating anything. Everyone kept trying to get me to eat but even the thought of food made me nauseas! They brought me pizza, chocolate, ice cream (flavored rum and raisins?? no thanks....), grapes, jello, the works but nada. The kitchen lady kept getting so mad at me for not eating so hermana S started flushing things down the toilet for me so she wouldn't ask.... (she's such a loyal companion....haha) I eventually started to be able to eat soups and now i`m back to feeling normal about food. When we got home from the hospital it turns out that the other sisters in our area washed our clothes and cleaned our entire apartment! I almost cried! I just remember laying in the hospital bed thinking about all the clothes I had to wash (and remember.... we wash everything by HAND. One load of laundry takes 2-3 hours to wash). They are ANGELS. I had to stay home a few more days after getting out,and I can't remember the last time I slept so much. I was whipped exhausted! I still get a little tired walking up stairs and stuff but I'm pretty much back to normal :) It was definitely an unforgettable experience and I bathe in bugspray now to avoid a repeat of that!

We weren`t able to work as much but we still had some good experiences. We have an investigator who is sooo great! She eats up everything that we say and gets so excited when we come. She recently changed her life around and has been going to a church, but she said that for some reason she's been afraid to get baptized or pass up front to "accept" Christ. We know that it's because God has something even greater prepared for her :) We also found a man that is a seventh day adventist who is super great. We were talking with him and he told us that he feels like there has got to be only one true church on the earth because God can't have 2 different doctrines that are both true. He said that he's always been worried that he isn't in the right one, and that he wants to be sure which church is true. We taught him lesson 1 and he was super interested and receptive. He was impressed with our church organization but couldn't get pass that we don't worship the Sabbath day on saturday. But.... that's something that the Spirit can help him to understand if he can open up his heart and pray about it!

Taking a week off as a missionary is actually really rough. I feel like right now I am starting all over again and I have to re-learn how to be a missionary. But I've been studying a lot in preach my góspel and a talk called "becoming a consecrated missionary" and have been learning a lot. Maybe this will be good for me to get back to the basics of missionary work and really let the Spirit do the teaching. I was reading in 1 corinthians 2:9-14 and it talks about just how important it is to have the Spirit. It says that spiritual things must be learned through the Spirit, and that it is imposible to learn spiritual things without it. It talked about how the natural man doesn't understand spiritual things and may even disregard it as nothing. That just goes to show how important it is to be "born again" spiritually through baptism, let the natural man die, and to be able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's the only way to learn and progress!! So when it all comes down to it, we just need to teach the basics to invite the Spirit, and then the Spirit teaches them what they need to learn. How many times have we learned something completely different from what we read or what we heard in a talk? That's the beautiful thing about the Spirit :)

I hope that you all have a great week. 

Until Next Week,
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment