Saturday, January 31, 2015

El Fin Se Acerca..... (The End is Coming)

Monday January 26, 2015


 Hello Family and Friends!

This has been an incredible week here in Tela. Does this really have to end? It's starting to hit me more and more... I think I have been in denial this whole transfer. On Wednesday (Webb's day!!) We went visiting families with Elder and Hermana Webb. We visited a family that is just absolutely incredible. They have 10 children!! But the spirit was super strong and Elder Webb was talking about having hope for the future. They have 3 daughters that are coming up on the age of being able to serve missions and he asked Hermana Andújar and I to share some of our experiences that we have had as missionaries. At one point in the lesson Elder Webb got a little emotional and then said, "Hermana Bennett only has 2 weeks left of her mission here in Honduras... She's loves her mission... and she loves Honduras..." and then it all hit me. It was like a flood all at once.... Noooo!!!!!!! I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. This is hard. My heart is literally ripped in two... So many different emotions... It was a very tender moment. My mission has meant so much to me. There really will never be words adequate enough to describe just how much my mission has done for me, how much I have learned about myself, the gospel, my Savior and just how much I NEED Him! 

We have some incredible investigators right now! I just love them!  V, a recent convert that is 12 years old, went out visiting with us last week and invited us to visit her neighbor with us. There is a grandma, mother, and daughter and they are so awesome! The daughter asked us for a book of mormon in english because she went to a bilingual school and understands what she reads better in english. When we gave it to her she immediately started reading it while we were teaching the restoration. Every now and then she would pipe in and say things like, "woah, I totally believe in Joseph Smith! This angel Moroni told him that his name would be had for good and for evil in all nations..... so he already knew that people would say bad things about him.... wow!" or "This says that the Book of Mormon was complied by a man named Mormon and he gave it to his son who hid them and then he appeared to Joseph to give him the plates... how awesome!" haha we could have almost just sat back and let her teach the lesson :) By the time we left she had already read like 30 pages... haha The Book of Mormon is powerful! We also had a lot of experiences in which the people were led to us. In two different occasions we had people stop us in the street while we were walking and asking us to come and visit them.... um... okay!!! There is a part in Preach my Gospel that says that either we will be led to the people, or they will be led to us. That is so true :) 

J and F are doing great :) They are so happy and excited to be members of the church! It's awesome to get to see how finally entering into the first covenant can bring so much joy and peace. I love this place. I love Tela and I love the people here! I love this branch and all the members. Things are really looking up for this branch and we are just seeing the start of it! I'm excited to hear how this branch is doing a year from now! I love you all and I hope that you are enjoying this last week of January. Why does time have to go by so fast? I'm just going to try and soak in as much as I can. Gulp... I can't believe this is my last full week... deep breath.... There was a change in the mission so that we will no longer be having transfer meetings. Weird! Now our leaders will just call and say who has transfers and where they are going and we will just have to travel directly to our new area (i guess when I say "we" I mean the other missionaries....). So that means that I will have another P-day because usually transfer week mondays are a normal work day but not anymore. So guess what that means?? Next Monday is my last P-day.... EVER. 

Until Next Week (literally.... I will see you next week...)
Hermana Bennett






No comments:

Post a Comment