Monday, November 3, 2014

Another Transfer Week!

October 27, 2014
This transfer went by really fast... Maybe because it was only four weeks.... haha but still! It was a super busy transfer, but we're hanging in there. President..... ahem.... I mean a little birdie told us early that Hermana S has transfers. Nooooo!!! But it's okay. It was fun to be with another North American for these past two transfers because we could relate really well and had a lot in common. We got along super well, saw lots of miracles, and learned a lot from each other. Our spanish skills struggled a little bit.... haha so maybe this will be a good thing. This will be her last transfer, EVER, so we thought she might stay but the Lord's ways are always higher than ours, and He knows best :) I'm excited to see who my new companion will be!

I forgot to bring my agenda (whoops) so I hope that I can remember everything that happened.... This week we have been focusing a lot on finding new investigators. Our area has been a little neglected because of the crazy stuff that happened so I almost feel like we are starting from zero, but we've been able to open our mouths more and talk to more people. We have to get creative in our area because it's so unique from every other area that I have been in or visited! We have some promising futures and contacts so we'll see how these next weeks go.

We did a lot of traveling for divisions! I got to do divisions with my old companion Hermana Rioja in Olanchito, so that was fun. She works her tail off.... We had 9 lessons in one day! We also went to Trujillo again and I worked with Hermana T. Trujillo is super bonito as always and it was fun to work with Hermana T. We have a lot in common and were able to have a really good heart to heart about what we want to get out of our missions. I told her that my biggest fear is going home from my mission the same person that I was when I got here. I feel like Heavenly Father has taught me so much and that last thing I want to do is fall back into the same routines and the same weaknesses. I feel like I have been a little exhausted mentally and physically this past transfer but we were really able to help eachother get remotivated to work hard and really thrust in the sickle. That night there was a huge storm! There area is right on the ocean and the water was super choppy and it was really windy. Right after we got back to the house it started pouring like I've never seen it pour before! (And I've seen some pretty big storms here so that is saying a lot) There was water literally POURING off of their roof in buckets and the sky was super red. There was lots and lots of lighting that was super close and it lasted for hours. It was nuts. The rest of the week has continued to be stormy and we are freezing our tails off at 75 degrees..... haha everyone is all bundled up in their sweaters. You'd think it was winter or something! It's crazy how cold I feel but it's really not that cold. I think I'm going to die when I have to be in SNOW. 

Yesterday our recent convert D blessed the sacrament! And he did so well... :) I felt like a proud parent.... haha It is a huge blessing to get to see how the gospel blesses and changes lives and to see them progress. He is a different person and much happier. 

I hope that you are enjoying your week and that October has been a great month! I can't believe it's already NOVEMBER! NOooooo!!! I'm starting to slightly freak out... haha I love you all! Please keep me updated with your lives. I would love to hear how you are all doing :) Thank you for all your love and support!

Hasta La Proxima Semana,
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment