Monday, November 3, 2014

Let The Holy Spirit Guide

September 29, 2014
Hello mis queridos amigos y mi bonita familia! 
(my dear friends and my lovely family)

This has been a great, crazy, busy week! It was the last full week of this transfer. Transfers are Wednesday so we are just waiting around for the phone call to see if we will have transfers or not. I sure hope not! Me and Hermana S work really well together, and this next transfer is only 4 weeks long so it would just be better to stay together!!!! But the Lord knows what's best and I'm grateful for that. There is a scripture I love in D&C 51:16-17 where the Lord has led the saints to a land for a time, but doesn't tell them how long they will be there. He says that they should, "act upon the land as for years..." I think this applies a lot to life. Sometimes we don't know how long we will be in the circumstances that we are in. It could be for a short time, or a very long time. We shouldn't waste the time we have been given now, waiting for the next chapter to come, but should live as if the circumstances we are in will be for many years and we will be happier! Like a mission - don't worry about how long you will be in an area or how long of time you have left, but just live as if you will be here for ages and let God do His work through you. Or studying in college, or being without a job, or being single, etc. 3 Nephi 13:30-33 "take no thought for the morrow.... sufficient is the day!"

We did lots of divisions this week. On Wednesday I did divisions with Hermana H and we had a miracle :) Everything in the morning fell through once again and so we were contacting. We weren't having much success and even getting rejected, but there was a point in which we were just walking. I didn't know where we were going and wasn't really paying attention when all of a sudden my body turned as if on it's own and we walked right up to someone's door.... haha I don't really know how it happened or how to describe it, but de repente we were there so we contacted it. A young mother came out and let us in to visit with her. We sang her a hymn and then before I said the prayer I asked her if there was anything she wanted me to pray for, and she burst into tears. The Spirit entered the room and it was soooo strong. She asked me to pray that God would give her wisdom to know what to do. After the prayer Hermana H had her read Proverbs 3:5 and she couldn't get through it without crying. She said it was exactly what she needed to hear and that she wanted us to come back and keep visiting her. She said that we were the answer to her prayers. The spirit was so strong in that lesson and I know that we were led to that house without even realizing it. It gave me a strong testimony of just how aware Heavenly Father is of His children in every moment, and that He loved her enough to send us there right in the moment that she needed us. He didn't even wait to whisper in my thoughts or say maybe you should go to that house, he just made the decision for me... haha 

I feel like we have been super guided these past few weeks and we are starting to see a lot of progress in our area. Even though it is really small and we walk circles 8 times a day it never ceases to surprise me that there is ALWAYS someone to teach. We may not teach as many lessons a day as in my other areas but it is teaching me to really rely on the Spirit. 

Wasn't the women's conference awesome?! I loved the temple theme. I miss the temple sooooo much. I feel like I took it for granted before. I loved president uchtorf's talk as well. I loved when he said that our divine origin doesn't guarentee us a divine inheritance. We have to work at it! A member from another ward showed up just in time and asked us if we wanted to see it in English. She had brought her computer and we set it up with speakers and were able to watch it in english! She was an answer to our prayers! She speaks English from serving her mission in provo and living in the states every now and then. Then she bought us dinner and remenisced about her mission. It was a huge reminder of just how much we are going to miss it here when we leave and we need to enjoy it while it lasts!

I love you all! I hope you have a great week. It's CONFERENCE WEEK!!! Huzzah! I'm more excited than Christmas... haha

Until Next Week,
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment